Review of The Worlds First High Protein Sauce* & Protein Pasta with a Vibrant Simple Salad Recipe


Who are Blend Bros? 

I have tried many protein powders in my time. One that doesn't settle too well with me is whey protein, so after a workout I resort to eating plain chicken and a sweet potatoe-but it's SO boring! But I am now happy to introduce to you the worlds first high protein sauces Blend Bros . They have been developed to bridge the gap for athletes in terms of kitchen and fitness. From my experience I have purchased a lot of protein powders which aren't purse friendly and are...well...not that nice.


 What is Blend Bros?

Blend Bros are savoury blends that can magically transform into a delicious and nutritious sauce just by adding a scoop to 150ml of hot water. It contains 22g of protein in each serving and is made with a blend of pea protein, herbs and spices.is gluten, vegetarian and vegan free!

Below I have taken a picture of one of their blends I was provided (Spanish Tomato & Chorizo). I love the tin, it is vibrant, instructions are easy to follow, a measuring cup is included, it's factual and is yummy!!



To show you how I used the blend I have included my protein pasta recipe that will satisfy vegans, vegetarians AND meat eaters.


 Protein Pasta with a Vibrant Simple Salad

To feed 6-8 people

Ingredients
  • Large onion, finely chopped,
  • Small garlic clove, minced
  • 1 tsp basil flakes
  • 2 tsp chilli flakes
  • 2 tsp ground black pepper
  • 2 tsp salt (can omit this if lowering salt intake)
  • Olive Oil, to fry (about a tablespoon)
  • Blend Bros: Spanish Tomato and Chorizo, 2 scoops
  • 300ml hot water 
  • 800g passata sauce
  • 500g garlic tagliatelle pasta, from Aldi
  • Parmesan, to dust on the top
Method
First boil water in a kettle (more than 300ml as some will evaporate). Then heat the oil in a pan, add in onions and fry on a low/medium heat until golden (if you don't to use oil add in little splashes of water every now and then to soften the onion), add garlic, chilli, basil flakes, ground pepper and stir. Measure 300ml of water in a measuring jug and add 2 scoops of the yummy blend and mix mix mix until it looks like this:


Add passata and the Blend Bros in the pot and mix, cover the lid (leave a slight gap) and have on a medium/high heat until thickened (takes around 8 minutes) then switch off. Follow the pasta cooking instructions, I boiled the pasta for 7 minutes.

Always add the pasta to the sauce, mix until evenly coated and finely grate parmasan on each plate to finish. This was served with vibrant simple salad: a bed of spinach leaves, grated carrot and splodges of soured cream. The pasta contained a whopping 44g of protein- just what I needed after my workout. This prtein had a balance of protein and carbs- which is important to have especially after cardio!



In terms of taste I will be honest, it is a little powdery however it packs a punch of flavour-so much better than my plain chicken meal! I really like the concept and can't wait to try the other flavours.

Check Blend Bros out here
Product List here and follow them on Insta/Facebook/Twitter

Has this post inspired you to try Blend Bros? What do you think to the concept? Would love to see your comments & don't forget if you make any of the dishes tag #basibeauty so I can see!!

Kimren xo

Comments

Popular Posts